Since its foundation in 1960, the International Society of Endocrinology (ISE) has pursued the advancement of Endocrinology Metabolism and Diabetes science to educate and improve patient care worldwide.
Today the society forms a unique federation of national Endocrine Societies across the globe whose goals are to stimulate international cooperation and co-ordinate scientific exchange, debate and dissemination of knowledge between healthcare professionals.
As ISE has grown in size and complexity, the society is recruiting a candidate with proven Executive Director experience to drive the strategic reorganization forward. The society requires a Senior Leader who can skillfully position and lead the society.
The candidate will have experience in successfully delivering business growth within a nonprofit organization along with a sound knowledge of operational requirements and the ability to build relationships across multiple stakeholders .
The Executive Director will need to be a strong, and passionate advocate for Endocrinology and global health, someone comfortable serving as a spokesperson for ISE and compelled by delivering results. Attention to culture, community and mission must be a continual focus.
The candidate should have a broad understanding of running an organization or business. He/she has at least 3-5 years’ experience in a similar Executive Director/ Senior Account Management role. The Executive Director is part of the Senior Leadership Team of ISE and works closely with the ISE Chair, Secretary Treasurer and Executive Committee.
• Administrative and financial management of a NGO
• Membership and partnership management • Fundraising
• E-learning strategy and deliverables
• Advocacy strategy and deliverables
• Congress, Meetings and Endorsement oversight
• Marketing and Communications strategy
• Supervision of a small team and various consultants
• Strategy and governance
Key Skills and Attributes:
The following skills and attributes are essential:
– Detailed operational knowledge of all elements of directing a non-profit organization including financial management, management of team members and volunteers
– Proven ability to participate as part of an executive team/board
– High level of commercial and financial awareness
– Fundraising and sponsorship experience
– Proven ability to plan strategically and to recognize potential threats and opportunities for growth
– Iinternational exposure, working with multiple stakeholders, in complex matrix environments.
– Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, including an ability to manage stakeholder relationships
– Strong leadership and drive to improve processes and structures, senior level involvement in strategic planning and “hands on” personality.
– Good judgment and the capacity to work independently, proactively and creatively
– Experience of representing an organization at all levels
– Experience planning and executing large scale conferences/live events
– Experience in organizing online and in person educational programming
– Experience in marketing and communications
– Experience in Global health policy preferred
– Experience in a science-related organization or similar society
– Strong organizational skills and ability to multi task
– Advanced information technology skills
Please email your CV to: email@example.com
Position Code: #30-2020