Funding & Grants Coordinator
The Kenes Education department is located in Amsterdam and is the Independent Medical Education (IME) department of Kenes Group. IME is supported through arms-length funding in the form of a grant and the supporter has no control or involvement in the content.
For our educational materials we work closely with Experts/ SMEs/ KoLs to create independent and quality & effective education for healthcare professionals. You will work closely with the Education and Industry Liaison and Sales Departments and other Kenes team members involved in the educational programme of medical conferences and online educational activities. The Funding & Grant Coordinator coordinates the pre-award planning, organization, preparation, and the post-award administration of various grants across therapeutic areas. They will interact with learning specialists, grant writers, project managers and administrative staff to ensure that grants are in compliance with regulatory, funding agency, and policy requirements. The coordinator will also support the Head of Industry Partnerships and the Grants Writer by providing guidance and support to in the development of grant opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying appropriate grant funding sources to meet the programming needs of Kenes Digital, Unlok and our clients.
- Supporting the development of account management plans and background information of industry partners.
- Supporting the Grants Writer in developing grant applications and partnership proposals.
- Maintaining a system to track grant opportunities, submissions and award requirements.
- Building relationships with granting institutions.
- Supporting in the preparation of grant budgets, tracking grant finances and preparing statements and reports as needed.
- Drafting correspondence, agreements and reports, including LOAs (Letters of Agreement), and delivery times, in close cooperation with the relevant Kenes departments.
- Developing case studies to showcase the impact of industry partnerships and grants.
- Supporting the delivery of education programs by acting as a liaison between Industry and Education teams.
- Liaising between industry partners and Education team to ensure seamless implementation of contract deliverables.
- Coordinating the workflow between Industry and Education teams, to ensure milestones and deliverables are achieved and successes, challenges and learnings are communicated and disseminated.
- Leading program reporting back to industry partners on education activities.
You will like this role if you:
- Are driven by writing and translating complex ideas into compelling cases for support
- Are a motivated individual that can be highly collaborative and be passionate and driven to exceed client expectations
- Are passionate about life long learning
- Want to work in a diverse international culture
- Bachelor’s degree (medical and/or bioscientific field advantageous)
- Experience in grant writing and coordination of grant acquisition, budgets and financial tracking, progress reporting and other compliance requirements for multiple grant types.
- Excellent project management skills with experience managing and coordinating administrative projects across multiple team members
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize work and resources, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply knowledge in previously unfamiliar therapy areas
- Experience in raising sponsorship and grant funds from pharmaceutical and medical device industry and foundations (advantageous)
- Experience in professional medical writing within a medical communications agency, scientific or medical publishing company, or equivalent (advantageous)