At Kenes Group, we are committed to integrate sustainable business practices that go beyond slogans and result in useful achievements. Our mission is to empower knowledge sustainably, by positively impacting our employees: in the workplace and at home; and the communities we create events and educational programs for, as well as those that host our operations.
Sustainable Development Goals
The United Nations SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) that Kenes Group supports and work towards are:
Our Sustainability Policy and sustainable event minimum practices ensure that all our client and Original Events are organised with sustainability in mind – for our planet and environment; for all stakeholders – from our team, through our partner chain, all the way to the delegates we welcome, all while improving economic bottom lines.
- Minimise environmental impacts in the areas of waste, water, energy and air quality, through improving the output of our offices and our events and conferences.
- Ensure our supply chain has responsible social and environmental practices.
- Minimise negative environmental impacts, improve economic bottom lines and integrate the social elements in to delivering meetings.
- Accessibility and inclusivity – be conscientious to community needs in physical and virtual environments.
- Give back to communities by volunteering and growing our Dare2Care and Dare2Share programs in all offices.
Dare2Care is an on-going Kenes Group campaign which embodies our corporate social responsibility (CSR) spirit and commitment. It includes a number of charitable activities and events throughout the year, involving every second employee in a community or a charitable project.
Some of the Dare2Care regular initiatives are:
- Kenes Giving Club – an internal programme that recognises volunteer leadership and involvement, and honours the Volunteer of the Year at an annual company event
- Pick & Pack event – employees spend a full day harvesting and packing local produce to donate to families in need (SDG 2 – Zero Hunger)
- Kenes Good Deeds Day – Kenes Group volunteers collect, pack and deliver gift baskets prior to all major holidays for the people in recovery in a local rehabilitation centre (SDG 3 – Good health and well-being)
- After School Club – an afternoon children’s club (for 8-12-year-olds) that gathers monthly with Kenes volunteers that assist the children by engaging them in different activities (SDG 4 – Quality Education)
Net Zero Carbon Events
Kenes Group is a proud signatory of the Net Zero Carbon Events Pledge – an industry initiative to address climate change.
With Your Own Eyes: Climate Change In Photos
The Carbon Almanac invites you to take a look at climate change in photos. Collected and curated by everyday people. If you stay open to what you see, you’re already making a difference. Read further and discover steps you can take to help more.