Last updated on May 01, 2018.
We, at Kenes International Organisers of Congresses Ltd. (together with our affiliates, “Kenes“, or “we“) respect the privacy of the users of our website (the “User” or “you“) and are committed to protecting the personal information that Users may share with us. This Privacy Statement describes our practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of information which we may obtain when you visit our website from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement (the “Site“) or when you participate in any of the online forums, platforms, newsletters or other digital activities carried out by us on the Site (“Activities“). This Privacy Statement also describes your choices regarding the use, access and correction of your personal information.
BY ENTERING THE SITE AND USING OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY ACTIVITIES, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT, INCLUDING TO THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF YOUR INFORMATION. IF YOU DISAGREE TO ANY TERM PROVIDED HEREIN, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE OR PARTICIPATE IN ANY ACTIVITIES.
BEFORE SUBMITTING ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US, PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT CAREFULLY TO LEARN ABOUT OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES.
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- Log Data: As is true of most websites, our servers automatically collect and record information that the browser on your computer or mobile phone, tablet or similar device you use to access our Site (a “Device“) sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). Log Data may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, referral and exit pages and URL’s, language information, the domain from which you are visiting and additional information in respect to your usage and browsing of the Site. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you. We also may collect information about various aspects of your use of our Site or your participation in any Activity, such as the dates and time of your login, the content you have viewed, the pages you have visited, the searches and/or registrations you may have made and any clickstream data.
- Location Data: When you access our Site on a mobile Device (such as a tablet or a mobile phone), we may collect information about your location through location information accessible through your Device. You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time, in order to turn off the functionality of sharing location information. If you have any queries about the privacy settings of your Device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
- Social Media Widgets: Our Site also includes some social media features, such as a Facebook “like” button, and widgets, such as a “share” button. These features may collect your Internet Protocol address, which page you are visiting on the Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on the Site. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the companies that provide them.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your personal information for the following general purposes:
- to communicate with you in general, including for the purpose of providing you information about our products and services or responding to your questions and comments;
- to measure interest in and improve our Site and/or Activities;
- to enable some of our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, researching and developing or improving new Activities, enhancing our Site, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns relating to our products and services;
- subject to applicable law, to send you marketing information that we believe may be of interest to you, regarding our products and services. You may choose not to receive such information and opt-out of such future communications. All such communications sent to you will contain the instructions for opting-out;
- as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
Log Data and other non-personal information that we gather and collect is used mainly for the purpose of administering the Site; analysing trends in the aggregate in the use of our Site (for instance, we may use such information to create user predicted preferences and social characteristics); enhancing user experience on our Site (for instance, we may use such information to determine which areas of our Site are more popular than others), estimating and reporting total audience size and traffic; for purposes of ad optimisation (i.e., tailoring, targeting, analysing, managing and optimising of our ads), investigating, detecting, preventing or otherwise taking action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or abuse; and providing analytics and reporting with respect to the use of the Site.
Your personal information is held in our systems for the duration of your interaction with our events, websites and webmail communications up to one year after your last interaction with us. You may request to be removed from our systems at any time, however, please note that if you have registered as an attendee to one of our events, your data must be retained for as long as local accounting regulations require us to keep it, and generally for 7 years.
- WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information under the following circumstances:
- We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to enforce our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or in such circumstances where, in our judgment, a disclosure is necessary or appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
- We may share your personal information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, detect, prevent or otherwise take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or abuse, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our various terms of service or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- We may share information that you voluntarily make public, including information that you post on any blogs, message boards, chat rooms or other similar forums, whether or not such forums are owned by Kenes. Since such public information can be accessed by others and used by any member of the public, such use by third parties is beyond our control. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- We may also display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
We may share aggregated or anonymous information or statistics (which in any event does not contain any of your personal information) with third parties, such as our existing or potential agents, investors, affiliates, vendors, service providers and other business partners.
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies:
We collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons “cookie” technology. For example, when you visit our website, we place cookies on your computer.
Cookies (sometimes referred to as browser cookies) are small packets of data that a website stores on your Device’s hard drive allowing your Internet browser to save and retrieve information about your visit to the website. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your Internet browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your Device until you delete them) to help us collect non-personal information about various aspects of your use of our Site or your participation in any of the Activities, and to enhance your experience using the Site. Cookies can also help enable the detection of certain kinds of fraud. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your Device’s hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your Device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Site may not function properly.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages, emails and social posts that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages, open or click an email, or share a post on social media, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure responses to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
Some web browsers may transmit Do Not Track signals to websites with which the browser communicates, telling the websites not to follow its online movements. Because of differences in how browsers interpret this feature, it is not always clear whether Users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they are even aware of them. Therefore, our Site currently does respond to such Do Not Track signals.
- Analytics and Remarketing Tools:
- For CrazyEgg – https://www.crazyegg.com/privacy. You can also opt out of CrazyEgg collecting and storing your data at any time by following the instructions in following link: https://www.crazyegg.com/opt-out
- For Marketo – http://legal.marketo.com/privacy.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. When personal information is transferred over the Internet, we encrypt it using Transfer Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology or similar technology. You should note, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such information, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e-mails sent to us may not be secure, and you should, therefore, take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
- ACCESSING AND MODIFYING INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
If you have provided us with any personal information, you have the right to access & review, and/or make changes, and under certain circumstances – remove your data, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any of our marketing e-mails. Subject to applicable law, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
If you reside in the EU, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of infringement, if you feel that the processing of your personal data infringes the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- EXTERNAL SITES
The Site may contain links to websites operated by third parties (“External Sites”). Be sure to read the privacy policies, supplemental notices, and settings of all websites or platforms that you visit so you can understand their privacy practices and your options. These External Sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these External Sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome and feedback about these sites.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY PROTECTION
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
Please be aware that information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of the Site may be processed and transferred all countries in which Kenes has offices and operations and be subject to applicable law. This information may also be processed by staff working for us or for one of our suppliers. The privacy and data protection laws in such countries may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using our Site, or by providing us with your information, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in countries.
Any data transfers from within the EU will be carried out only to locations with similar & adequate levels of data protection.
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Office of Data Protection
Rue François-Versonnex 7
1207 Geneva, Switzerland
- GOVERNING LAW