Working at Kenes
Kenes is keen on building and maintaining a global team of confident, competent, customer-oriented employees. We are more than 300 strong – a true ‘family’ of dedicated professionals who provide the best possible service and support to clients around the globe. Simply put, Kenes employees are initiative-takers, doers, starters, and finishers.
At Kenes, we ask you to bring your personality to work. We aim to reflect the diverse nature of society and value our employees’ contributions irrespective of age, sex, race, or religion. We are a team of multinational, multicultural, multilingual and multitalented individuals. Kenes is looking for creative, ambitious and dedicated individuals to join our team. We offer the opportunity for personal and professional growth, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in joining a uniquely professional and enthusiastic team, view the open positions below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Number #13-2017
Kenes Group is looking for a highly motivated, experienced Hotel Sales Manager to effectively sell conference accommodations worldwide.
- Identify hotel sales opportunities and develop viable work plans
- Initiate and lead proactive sales activities, including negotiations
- Meet hotel sales targets/revenues
- Manage global hotel sales coupled with developing sales strategy
- Learn/monitor compliance regulations within the industries/sectors
- Research potential new clients, identify sales challenges and solutions
- Initiate meetings with pharmaceutical companies and DMC decision-makers
- Develop tailored packages for major sponsors
- Organize site visits before and during congress
- Strong interpersonal skills, good team player
- Excellent time management skills, ability to make tight deadlines, and work under pressure
- Self-motivated and with ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Highly service oriented
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, or related field
- Professional experience in sales management
- Excellent computer skills, including all Microsoft Office programs; knowledge of CRM – an advantage
- English – native or mother tongue level; knowledge of other European languages – an advantage
Position Number #12-2017
Kenes is looking for a highly motivated Online Hotel Sales Assistant who will be responsible for supporting our online accommodation websites. This position is part-time – 3 days per week.
- Review and analyze 30 hotel sites to ensure the flow, design, and content are aligned with the required standards
- Review the selling rates on the websites compared to other online accommodation websites
- Manage monthly mailshots
- Create special promotions
- Research the industry trends and analyze the possibility to apply them to our websites and selling strategy
- Highly detail-oriented, well organized, attention to detail, and accuracy processing vast amounts of data
- Ability to work independently, highly reliable, reporting to management if/when problems arise
- An excellent team player
- Highly service oriented
- Willing to work 3 days a week (20 hours) can be combined with the office and outside of the office
Education & Experience:
- Experience with Hotels, Tourism, Travel, or the Events industry – an advantage
- Knowledge of rates, established concepts in the hotel industry – an advantage
- English – native or mother tongue level
- Excellent computer skills, including all Microsoft Office programs
Position Number #11-2017
Kenes Group is looking for a brilliant Marketing Director to lead its international marketing department. The Marketing Director will oversee the development and delivery of fully integrated marketing campaigns, the promotion of Kenes Group and Kenes’ congresses. In addition, the Director will supervise the onsite technology unit that delivers innovative components at Kenes’ operated events. The Marketing Director will manage the department as an independent business unit with its own P&L.
- Serve as the leading marketing figure in the company.
- Manage an international team of 30 marketing specialists and guiding the day to day activities.
- Manage the department budget and reach KPIs and profit goals.
- Lead the team to meet individual congress’ objectives.
- Develop and maintain Kenes Group branding and supervise the group’s marketing communications.
- Ensure the highest delivery of onsite technology.
- Maintains relations with account managers and clients.
- Responsible for the highest level of delivery for the different marketing services: Research, Branding, Strategy & Planning, Email Marketing, Social Media, Online advertising, SEO and more.
- Influence present and future products by evaluating current and future market trends.
- Develop the marketing team by providing mentoring, educational opportunities, and personal development opportunities.
- Set marketing services pricing and ensure competitive offering.
- Maintain a high level of teamwork and effective interface with other departments to ensure cross company collaboration.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing or advertising, or related field (Master’s Degree – an advantage)
- Experience in a similar position
- 10+ years in a leadership role
- Proven success and track record as an individual contributor and manager who has achieved top line results
- True leader that can motivate others to go above and beyond
- Thorough knowledge of the different marketing trends such as online advertising, social media, video marketing and more
- Problem solver that knows how to work in an intense environment
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Team player
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Strong presentational skills
- English mother tongue level – a MUST
Position Number #09-2017
Kenes is looking for two Scientific Programme Coordinators to join our Operations Department in both Tel Aviv and Amsterdam. The Scientific Programme Coordinator will be responsible for our events’ abstract submission process, scientific programme coordination/management, and back office support.
- Responsible for written communications, promotional and printed materials in relation to the congress programme
- Preparation and management of all aspects of the scientific programme
- Contact with congress VIPs, including committee members and invited speakers
- Create/track initiated and dictated correspondence in English, with clients and other VIPs
- Work closely with the committee on the scientific programme, including abstract processing/scheduling
- Receive/upload information/data to the congress database
- Provide texts (in English) for project literature, including proofreading
- Responsible for print production of congress materials; coordinate/plan with graphics department
- Manage, track and QA the scientific programme
- Adhere to work procedures and production deadlines
- Track project material (e.g. abstracts)
- Plan/prioritize tasks for work schedule; report to Operations Manager
- Highly detail-oriented, well organized, attention to detail and accuracy processing vast amounts of data
- Ability to prioritize and multitask (4-6 projects simultaneously)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure for long periods of time
- Pro-active approach – ability to foresee problems before they occur
- Service oriented – ability to communicate effectively with clients
- Strong collaboration skills and a good team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to draft correspondence in English
- Position will require travel abroad from time to time
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree – advantage
- Minimum 1-2 years’ professional experience in an administration support role
- English – fluent – native speaker/mother tongue level, verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet, ERP systems; familiarity with additional computer programmes, CMS and website back office editing – advantage